Lead Front End Developer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC Film is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We believe that monolithic single-user workstation applications have reached their limit. Real-time rendering technologies are enabling unprecedented rates of creative interaction and cloud-first architectures offer new opportunities for collaboration. The Lumos project is an initiative to invent new ways of working with CG assets purpose-built to radically improve the way our artists can iterate creatively.
We are building from the ground up using modern web technologies such as React, Redux, Node.js and WebAssembly backed by components written in C++ and integrating Pixar's open-sourced USD (Universal Scene Description) which is being adopted by many studios and software vendors across the visual effects industry.
As a developer, you will be faced with interesting challenges and join in the development of an innovative architecture which involves network communication, distributed computing, multi-site / multi-user collaboration and integration with existing and next generation visual effects pipelines. Join the Lumos team to work on this ecosystem and develop an exciting product for our visual effects artists.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
- Appreciation for the aesthetics of tools
- Application frameworks, particularly React
- Writing front-end code in a MVC pattern
- Experience with Redux, Node.js, WebAssembly
- Visualizations using SVG and d3
- Knowledge of Pixar's open-source USD is considered an asset
- Template engines, particularly Jinja2
- Interest in learning about and working with 3D and pseudo-3D technologies
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.