- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and post-production services serving motion picture, television, and other media clients.
The Nuke Artist is responsible for seamlessly integrating all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. They work closely with Visual Effects Supervisor and CG Lead to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of color space principles
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke, Flame and/or After Effects
- An excellent working knowledge of tracking software – PF Track, Mocha Pro
- A familiarity with working with multiple render passes
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- An understanding of color space principles
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.