- London, UK
MPC is a leading player in VFX & responsible for creating some of the phenomenal affects for legendary titles such as Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, & the X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts & cutting edge digital know-how.
This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse & question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business & ensuring financial compliance is adhered to.
· Supervision of the revenue recognition process for the London & Bangalore facility.
· Supervision of the revenue forecasting for the London & Bangalore facility.
· Provide Indirect labour analysis & forecast for the London monthly management accounts.
· Assist the shared service centre controllers in the review and reconciliation of London monthly management accounts pack actuals and forecast.
· Providing cost analysis support for the London Film studio.
· Ensure financial processes are followed to audit standards and provide audit with the relevant documentation.
Show / Production:
· Developing and improving the existing tool-sets to drive efficiencies and create better control processes surrounding but not limited to Revenue Recognition, Financial Forecasting and Show Financials.
· Provide Analysis to the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
· Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
· Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
· Development of processes and templates into production departments to assist strategic decision making.
· Provide assistance and overview with the VP bidding model.
· Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
· Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
· Possess a flair for numbers with an ability to think big-picture whilst maintaining attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively communicate with both financial & non-financial stakeholders.
· Excellent analytical, written & verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be proactive & self-driven with the capacity to work in a dynamic environment.
· A team player with ability to trouble-shoot & collaborate with business partners such as CPM, Resourcing & HR.
· High level of professionalism, integrity & commitment.
· Ability to manage their time & prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.).
· Ability to create & work in complex financial models.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Business / Commerce.
· Recognized professional accounting qualification.
· VFX industry knowledge is an advantage but not required.