Strategic Business Intelligence Consultant
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects
techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
This is the responsibility of the Software Technology team, where MPC seeks to appoint a UI/UX designer. Qualified candidates will be designing world-class intuitive, attractive, and innovative user interfaces resulting in a class-leading degree of usability.
Digital Transformation – MPC Film
The Global Digital Transformation Team (DTR) is expanding its service portfolio across different brands within the Technicolor Business. In order to support these efforts and in line with new services provided DTR is offering custom Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Analytics to the Technicolor brands.
The Report Business Analyst will be joining our Core-Team at our Central London Office and work together with DTR Program Manager, DTR Director, Business Stakeholder and growing BI-Team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Gather and Display Data
· Leverage business intelligence tools to query SQL databases and blend data from disparate sources.
· Gather and maintain a wide array of data-related business processes and reporting.
· Facilitate and maintain custom reports via PowerBI and/or Tableau.
· Enter information into existing databases, creating new dependencies and relationship-diagrams to accurately report critical data. Ensuring & managing: consistency, security, and accessibility.
· Take an active role in data analysis and offer interpretation.
· Financial data and forecasts, resource/capacity, actualization and human resources departments. Analyse and interpret data to ensure a high level of accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness for business leaders.
· Construct, publish and maintain report presentations for finance, resource, management and executives.
· Construct Dependency models/diagrams within BI-Applications (PowerBi/Tableau), per report deck.
· Work together with DTR team to gather and translate report Excel templates into PowerBI/Tableau report decks.
· Import data from DB-sources into report DB via SQL and/or MySQL
Collaborate with DTR-, Business-Teams and Leadership
· Work across business lines
· Gather requirements and specifications while constructing, customizing and/or refining report templates Work directly with Program Manager, team leaders, Subject Matter Experts (SME) to gain a better sense of the current shortcomings in reporting technology and devise solutions to enhance reporting and data management.
Conduct System and Database Audits
· Conduct routine audits of data storage systems and databases
· Data permission control
· Test and analyse the results before devising new solutions, or finding ways to enhance current data management solutions.
Experienced analyst and highly numerate.
Excel / VBA
Who will support you:
A talented data science and IT team and our Programme Manager
Be part of a leading film organization. There is no pre-defined route for the VFX industry and that’s what makes working for an organization like ours so exciting. As the market leader we define the baseline for the industry. There are unlimited tools & parameters - you are able to define your own.
What does progress look like:
You will be providing enterprise solutions, not just business solutions. All tools that we use are currently set-up for this.
You will be exclusive to one business initially but then have the opportunity to go on to become a global FTV representative.
You will be working closely with:
Our Global Head of Digital Transformation at Technicolor Production Services (Film/TV). He leads multiple areas such as Digital Transformation, Business Analysis, Project Portfolio Management & Strategy & Conception. He has been with us for over 7 years and has a research heavy background in data science and machine learning.
Our Product Manager in the Digital Transformation Team is in charge of the feature portfolio management and global adoption of a resource scheduling & reporting application across Technicolor Production Services. Prior to this she has over ten years’ experience in industry leading organizations where she has held roles delivering global commercial data IT change projects and senior analyst experience supporting the delivery of tactical and strategic initiatives up to C- level executives.