Global Head of Marketing
- London, UK
At Technicolor, we unite artistry and creativity with technology and innovation to create extraordinary experiences for audiences everywhere. Our award-winning visual effects studios, MPC Film, Mill Film and MR. X work with the world's most imaginative storytellers, to help create out of this world experiences. With locations that span the globe, our Film & TV VFX services are tailored to the specific creative and technical needs of each project, with each studio offering its own unique approach to filmmaking. `
We are seeking a strategic thought leader with experience of the media and entertainment sector. You should have a proven track record in driving a marketing strategy, program planning and implementation, which successfully met the objective to increase awareness, customer acquisition, talent recruitment/retention and community engagement.
As the Global Head of Marketing, Film & TV VFX you will be responsible for defining the group’s overall brand strategy, value proposition and messaging architecture; defining overall marketing priorities aligned to business objectives and lead key company-wide programs across external and internal audiences.
In addition, to the group level responsibilities, you will direct the marketing teams within the individual brands to orchestrate go to market programs and optimize its differentiation and value in the market.
· Owner and creator of a Marketing roadmap across the group but also within the local brands, accounting for financial opportunities; present assumptions; recommend objectives
· Owner of overall positioning of the Film & TV VFX group and individual Brand identity – develop a unique value proposition and customer centric themes/messaging that increase brand awareness, globally and per brand.
· Develop and execute group level programs that benefit all of our brands (shared services), thought leadership (innovation); and partner with HR/Talent in development of programs to help with recruitment, employee engagement & retention and reputation management.
· Develop a strategically and tactically sound marketing organization within the brands to find innovative ways to promote the work they do and their talent and establish criteria to measure and assess the performance of the marketing team
· Oversee the team’s public relations and communications initiatives and support their work to create compelling stories and promote key differentiators
· Produce a thought leadership program with key themes that advances our position in the industry as leaders and innovators
Build relationship with clients (Studios, Directors, VFX Supervisors) to look at opportunities to amplify our go to market with inclusion from clients on promotional campaigns, thought leadership, media advisories, testimonials, etc
- Organizational skills - personal efficiency, the ability to anticipate future needs, prioritize competing demands and make decisions in a changing environment
- Relationship and Influence skills - ability to proactively manage diverse personalities, viewpoints, build relationships and collaborate with others (partners, clients, creatives, team, senior management) is vital
- Communication Skills - Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, presentation skills that will translate across a highly diverse and a multi-site business
- Commercial acumen - strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business.
- Role modelling - demonstrate and translate the values, initiatives and culture of an organization
- Professional expertise - Successful track record in positioning subject matter/thought leader with the media to achieve positive impact, whilst having the ability to work strategically and tactically
- Strategic design - the ability to devise Marketing and PR strategies with in the entertainment sector that will enhance and add value to the global brand
- Leadership skills - Dynamic, high-energy, flexible, the ability to lead global Marketing function to produce a high performing team with a clear delineation to the value with in the business.
- Coaching and mentoring - Whether senior executives, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills in the business
- Trust - a trusted confidante, unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise
- Qualifications - Degree in marketing, communications, or related field is desired
Technicolor’s VFX brands and locations each have their own strong identity, story and culture. We need you to differentiate, own and drive the image of these brands across the globe.
· Shape Technicolor Film & TVs marketing strategy
· Differentiate & elevate current brands & locations
· Support & magnify fast growing new divisions in our business
· Amplify our areas of artistry, production & technology which come together to make great shows
· Drive best in class social media presence & press releases
· Work closely with talent acquisition to create a best in class candidate experience