Senior UX Product Designer
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. Developing new visual effects techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.
This is the responsibility of the Software Technology team, where MPC seeks to appoint a UX designer.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior UX Product Designer (with a focus on research, IA and user testing) who has a portfolio to prove it.
As a Senior User Experience Designer in our UXD team, your work will be varied.
Some days you'll be rubbing elbows with our Agile engineering teams, making products that users love. Others, you'll be talking with users in an office around the corner—or on the other side of the world.
In a typical week you might work closely with stakeholders to understand their requests, analyse a process, run a workshop, design a workflow, define and create interaction flows, wireframes, review feedback on released features, and drive new features in web or desktop apps.
We're a close-knit, collaborative group and we support each other in achieving our company's goals. As part of the product team our UX designers will have a seat at the table with the other product development stakeholders.
- Design our end-to-end user experience, collaborating with our UXD Team and Product & Engineering to create truly innovative software products.
- Work on projects that apply Agile and ‘lean’ methodologies, working closely with stakeholders as we understand problems and iterate through solutions.
- Plan and execute user research, usability testing, facilitate workshops and surveys.
- Mapping experiences ideation, prototyping and user testing.
- Communicating and presenting ideas to the design team and key stakeholders.
- Creating fully-annotated UX specifications to provide instruction and guidance.
- Champion user experience and advocate for design and user research best practice across the organisation, helping to build our design culture and systems.
You’re a great fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of design experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in designing for responsive digital products, desktop software applications, B2C/B2B digital enterprise solutions and video games.
- Live and breathe UX; know how to conduct user research, plan and facilitate workshops, run surveys, prioritise insights and are up-to-date with best practices design in the industry.
- Excel using the tools of the trade (Sketch, Axure, Adobe CC, InVision, Zeplin etc) and rapid-prototyping technology and Jira.
- Love tackling ambiguous design problems, combining both intuitive and analytical thinking, and have the grit to get to a desirable and viable solution.
- Are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator with an ability to gain support for your ideas and engage with stakeholders and users across the company to gather feedback.
- Have excellent organisational, time, communication, and project management skills.
- Are a team player.
- Familiarity with 3D software applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with VR/AR experiences is a plus
- Knowledge of VFX or media production processes an advantage
- Have Design Sprint or other group brainstorming facilitation expertise (preferred)
- Hold a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Graphic Design, Arts, Architecture (or similar), Information Systems, Computer Science (preferred)