- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
We are hiring a Project Manager for our team. With the purview to deliver award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges, we are global R&D looking for someone able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies and shows in production.
The Project Manager will work hand-in-hand with our developers and stakeholders, managing the projects involving the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films and shows. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative and work with demanding clients under tight deadlines, all while working at the highest quality and thinking beyond the scope of each task. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for a Project Manager with an excellent grasp or willingness to learn about VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of the improvement of our software tools, systems and technologies.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver on the creation and maintenance of in-house and adaption/integration of 3rd party tools for use in production.
- Manage projects in a structured and professional manner according to Agile methodology and report on the status of the project weekly internally and externally.
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the business and be able to translate them into viable solutions.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within scope with available resources.
- Coordinate, supervise, and be the strategist for the projects from beginning till end.
- Liaise with production stakeholders for requirements, priorities, test and roll out plans. Advise on the allocation of development resources and guide developers to meet the needs of the facility.
- Plan and schedule development in accordance with our roadmaps and clearly communicate this information to the wider company.
- Facilitate communication and project planning, review and retrospective sessions.
- Report to management and escalate issues when necessary.
- Work within the team of project managers to ensure consistency of approach.
- Help with ticket logging and managing all reporting (dashboards, reports to business, team velocity and other metrics)
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a technical environment.
- Extensive understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies - Agile, PMP or PRINCE2 certification is desirable.
- Experience of ticketing systems e.g. Jira, RT.
- Experience with MS Project or a similar package is essential; as well as with standard Office tools.
- Knowledge of visual effects pipelines and tools is a plus but not a requirement.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm.
- Interested in managing and delivering software projects.
- Confident when communicating with developers and production.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious Project Manager looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a creative environment then we look forward to your application.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candour, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realising industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.