- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
We are hiring a Project Manager for our global R&D team. The Project Manager will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of the improvement of our software tools, systems and technologies.
Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges, we are looking for someone to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognised movies in production. The Project Manager will work hand in hand with our developers and stakeholders, and manage projects involving the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films.
The Project Manager will need to be able to take initiative and collaborate with demanding clients whilst working at the highest quality to tight deadlines and think beyond the scope of each task. This is a highly dynamic environment, which will require the successful candidate to maintain a cool head, whilst deploying creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. You will need to be able to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and users of the system.
You will ideally possess the following experience and qualities:
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a technical environment
- Extensive understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies - Agile, PMP or PRINCE2 certification is desirable
- Experience of ticketing systems e.g. Jira, RT
- Experience with MS Project or a similar package is essential, as well as with standard Office tools
- Knowledge of visual effects pipelines and tools would be considered an advantage, but not essential
- Extremely organised with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail, and confidence when communicating with developers and production
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm, and a positive attitude towards learning and mentoring
- Interest in managing and delivering software projects
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candour, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realising industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.