Sound Mixer, Marketing Services (Temporary)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Technicolor VFX is the best of both worlds, we can work with you as standalone VFX creatives, or fully integrated with our Technicolor Post family to support your vision from script to screen. From Features to Episodic, our Creative Directors work with their expert teams to provide on set supervision, with a full CG VFX pipeline, we are specialists in digital make up, character enhancement, environments and compositing. Our creative VFX teams are located in London, Toronto and Los Angeles, making Technicolor VFX global in size but local in feel.
The Sound Mixer – Marketing Services is responsible for working with all of the assembled dialogue, music and sound effects elements to create a final polished soundtrack for the project. This includes assembling mixes in a variety of localized languages. Fluency in other languages is not required, but a plus.
- Balancing the volumes and sound quality of all the elements in respect to one another and to meet broadcast specifications
- Prior experience with recording soundtracks, proficient in surround mixing and the fold down formats for delivery (ability to create a stereo mix from a 5.1 as well as mono and stereo splits)
- Mixing sound effects into pre-recorded soundtracks as well as a working knowledge of noise reduction plugins
- Experience with sound design is a plus
- Experience isolating dialogue from tracks and stems.
- Managing soundboards
- Occasional supervised mix sessions with clients. Ability to take direction and collaborate creatively.
- Availability for an evening shift (6pm to 2am)
- Minimum 2+ years experience.
- Knowledge of sound editorial is a must. Creative editing, basic dialogue line pulls, music edits, and extension of existing marketing spots are a requirement for this role.
- Demonstrable experience using Pro Tools
- Intermediate to senior proficiency in Sound Mixing.
- Experience in Theatrical and Episodic Marketing work flows including Trailer and TV spot finishing.
- Knowledge of file formats (.wav, omf etc.) and excellent communication skills to be able to work directly with clients.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to work on own and to be a self-starter.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.