Roto Animator / Rotomation Montréal
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality Live Action Character 3D Rotoscopy and hard surface elements like vehicles, props, etc. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists, Animators and FX team, to create animation that matches the movement of the character on a live action plate and needs to be realistic in 3D space.
- Should be able to do 3d rotoscoping to match live-action footage in a 3D environment and to maintain consistent shot quality.
- Able to do few basic poses for scale checks on RotoAnim characters for shadow & FX Interaction for integration with the background elements.
- Do accurate shot breakdowns based on your shot assignment and ensure its being followed upon on a regular basis during show leads review.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have good understanding of basics of animation
- Proven Matchmove experience in a large feature-film VFX production environment
- Must be proficient in Maya
- Must have a basic knowledge on Film/Digital cameras
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills Good communication skills
- General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems