Line Producer ( Producer for Feature Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
In the context of the development of its animation projects, Mikros Animation Paris and Montreal are looking for a Line Producer. The Line Producer is a key member of the production team. He/She manages the production budget, hires and manages key members of the team, while negotiating with the HR, agreements with the artists. He/She works closely with the Directors, Executive Producer, Artistic Director, CG Supervisor and Heads of Department to manage changes in planning and budget along the way. During production, he/she is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the activities and ensures the respect of deliverables, deadlines and costs. The Line Producer reports to the Head of production of Mikros Animation and directly supervises a team of production managers and coordinators in charge of the manufacturing departments.
- Provide and adapt frequently a detailed project delivery plan to the executive producer and supervisors
- Provide weekly and monthly progress reports on the outstanding amount and the balance to be produced
- Plan studio resources to create an effective approach to CG work
- Build and operate in cooperation with the relevant head of departments a production strategy to guarantee delivery and quality (quota plan / approval charts and reports / …).
- Ensure that the team understands the objectives and delivery dates of the sequences, research and development projects, etc.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure the work schedule is on track and meet quality standards.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as project manager in CG Animation or VFX.
- Experience as a producer within a production-oriented environment.
- Experience in project management with Shotgun software or similar is considered as a great asset.
- Good understanding of CG processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience in team management, negotiation and budget management.
- Experience on an animated feature film is a strong asset
- A good knowledge of Excel and project management software are valuable for this position