Mill Film - Wrangler TD
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Our Render TD Group is responsible for supporting the rendering pipeline and optimizing the rendering process.
The Render TD will work as part of the Render TD Group to provide render support and analysis. Daily responsibilities include troubleshooting render issues and working with fellow Render TDs to help plan and optimize render workflows. Junior Render TDs will also work closely with artists, developers and production in other departments.
Would suit applicants who like puzzles and taking ownership of challenges through to resolution. The successful applicant will investigate issues more thoroughly than a department artist to understand and flag underlying issues.
· Experience or training in either animation or visual effects is required.
· Project Experience using modern path tracers in a similar position is required.
· Experience with Renderman is considered an asset.
· Experience with Katana is considered an asset.
· Experience administering render or data resources considered an asset.
· Python scripting considered an asset.
· Linux and Shell environment familiarity considered an asset.
· Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or a closely related field is considered an asset.
· A work history which demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills is required.
· Good team work and communication is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.