MPC Film - Production Manager
- Bengaluru, India
· Quota Management
In partnership with the Producers, VFX Supervisors and CG Supervisors, the Production Manager is responsible for the day-of-a-show; working closely with the Production Assistant. The PM must maintain a high level and global overview of the show and its progress; balancing deliveries against Producer set quota & in alignment with the Discipline shot teams; and making adjustments when needed to ensure schedules are aligned; reporting on quota, BVAs, progress and targets for a specific area of Production or aspect of the pipeline.
Collaborates with the other PMs and DMs to schedule their line, ensuring that this feeds into the overall schedule and the pipeline, and that the discipline is aware of all resource requests and quota expectations. Monitors inventory based on a traffic light system to ensure that quota is met, reviews DQRs and resolves any issues that are impacting this being achieved. The PM is responsible for leading the morning show meetings; and the weekly quota and schedule meetings; and participating in dailies as-needed to help drive quota delivery.
· Show Management
To track targets and deliverables, and makes sure all internal and client targets are being met. The PM is responsible for supporting start of show tasks e.g. owning the Bid doc, performing the Bid Imports, reviewing the reel with the purpose of quantifying. Other duties include render forecasting and managing the nightly/weekend rendering schedule; priority management and ensuring that all materials for client reviews are sent out, and ready in advance. In partnership with the Producers and Supervision, liaise with Clients, and liaise with Editorial to manage internal client sends to ensure successful delivery throughout the show.
· Team Management
Delegate work to the Senior Production Coordinator. In partnership with other Production Managers, provide feedback to the CPM on Senior Production Coordinators, Production Coordinators and Production Assistants for probation reviews and ongoing feedback and development. Reports on artist team performance to the Department Managers and HODs. Have 1:1s with the Coordinator teams to define and balance the workload between the team. Provide on-the-job mentorship to the Production Coordinators and Production Assistants.
· Engagement and Proposition
Champion a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects – work with Software Team to define functionality requirements for updating or creating new tools, and completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on new software releases and change requests made by Production; be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity; and act as an ambassador to promote MPC film within the local film community.
· Leadership skills – proactive and creative approach to resolving challenging situations; problem solver; forward planning; confidence and a critical thinker who works well under pressure
· Management skills – highly organized and analytical; planning and scheduling; good use of initiative, decision-making and issue management with the ability to drive issues through to resolution; prioritization and delegation; time management
· Project Management – some experience supporting the creation, planning and implementation of small and large projects
· Communication skills – ability to work with and inspire a team; honest and attentive; good written communication and reporting
· People person – managing difficult conversations; managing remote teams; teamwork and training/supporting others
· Collaborative spirit – team player who is able to build relationships and resolve conflict; resourceful
· Nice to have – VFX Film Industry knowledge and Show experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.