Systems Administrator - Junior
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a new studio for the theatrical and film production markets, providing VFX & Colour for major studios and streaming services . Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for Junior Systems Administrator in the Systems team. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
- Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows. To include: application issues, OS issues, networking problems, login issues, software installs and requests for peripherals.
- Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
- Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
- Calibrate artist monitors.
- Provide general help to other members of the Systems team.
- Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
- Various ad hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Linux, including use of command line and configuration files.
- Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
- A basic knowledge of servers, networking, storage and render systems for trouble shooting purposes.
- A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base
- Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to important issues
- Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
- Degree in a technical discipline
- Programming or scripting experience
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.