- Montreal, Canada
At Technicolor, we unite artistry and creativity with technology and innovation to create extraordinary experiences for audiences everywhere. Our award-winning visual effects studios, MPC Film, Mill Film and MR. X work with the world's most imaginative storytellers, to help create out of this world experiences. With locations that span the globe, our Film & TV VFX services are tailored to the specific creative and technical needs of each project, with each studio offering its own unique approach to filmmaking.
The HR Coordinator assist in ensuring that all transactions associated with HR Operations processes are carried out in a timely and efficient matter and delivered as per the performance standards set out in Service Level Agreements for all business units at Technicolor Canada. Continuously look for enhancements and improvements in processes and employee experience. The role covers a broad range of areas including Employee Relations advice to managers, project support across a broad range of topics as well as administrative activities.
HR Operations Processes
- Ensure all transactions associated with HR Operations processes are carried out in a timely and efficient matter and delivered as per the performance standards set out in SLAs.
- Ensure communication with local HR Talent Managers on processing times and resolution of issues
- Work with HR Operations Manager and stakeholders to review processes and propose solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service level
- Document processes and standard operational procedures and assist in providing training to HR Assistants.
- Assist with transactional duties as required
- Provide advice and support to HR Talent Managers on local compliance and legislative changes
- Provide advice and support to HR Talent Managers on employee relations matters and processing of terminations and changes
- Provide advice and appropriate documentation for Maternity/Paternity/Parental and Disability cases
- Support the management of probation fail/extension advice/performance management documentation and terminations
Compliance and Reporting
- Coordinate regular review of HR data and metrics for audit compliance
- Work with HRCC to review and policies and processes to ensure compliance with local legislation and company policies
- Develop and analyze multiple HR KPIs to provide insights to the HR management team
- Provide active support to implement new HR systems, systems upgrade, process review, policies and procedure documentation as required
Learning and Development
- Work closely with HR Operations will assist in delivering an efficient and professional HR service to all employees of Technicolor and its business units. The role covers a broad range of areas including basic employee relations advice to managers, project support for the HR Managers across a broad range of topics as well as administrative activities. The HR team is currently going through a significant period of evolution of its systems, processes and workflows giving opportunities for this role to be an active part.
Key Skills and Experience
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience coordinating a hire and termination process within a high volume shared service environment
- 3-5 years’ experience in providing advice and support regarding employee relations and terminations matters
- Excellent MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to quickly learn how systems work and integrate with one another with prior experience supporting the implementation of new systems
- Knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation
- Good knowledge of payroll administration
- Comfortable handling and multi-tasking across a high volume of administrative duties
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and adaptability are important
- Able to work autonomously with limited supervision, have a proactive approach and work well within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focused approach with keen desire to build good working relationships with people at all levels
- Able to work in a continuously changing and fast paced environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at all times
- Bilingual (English and French)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.