Compensation Financial Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Film & TV VFX is a segment under Technicolor Production Services Division. The segment comprises of 3 brands, MPC Film, Mr. X and Mill Film.
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like
The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
MR. X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia; Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Hiring Position: Commercial / Financial Analyst; This role will be based in Los Angeles
This position will be reporting to the Commercial Controller. The role will be primarily responsible for supporting the Business Development team to ensure financial tracking and reporting of projects that are carried out effectively. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of projects undertaken
- Develop and improve the existing toolsets to drive efficiencies and create better control processes surrounding but not limited to project financials
- Support the Business Development global bidding pipeline, working with multiple members of the team to ensure bids are commercially robust
- Provide insight into the opportunities and risks of the show
- Assist producers in financial reconciliation of their additional costs
- Provide analysis to the wider finance community as required
- Report, forecast and analyse future revenues and film projects
- Validate and prepare project proposals
- Build and maintain data sheets for use by various departments across the business
- Provide ad-hoc financial support to film production department
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs, etc.) and ability to create and work in complex financial models
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Experience: Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting with minimum 4-5 years relevant work experience
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills
- Ability to adapt documents quickly and effectively in order to meet clients’ and producers’ needs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.