Financial Cost Analyst (Film Production)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you!
This position will be reporting to the Film and TV Financial Controller and will look after aspects of film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing tool-set.
- Support production accountant in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films.
- Prepare Analysis to the Production Accountant on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Month end duties
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
- Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and film projects.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure with in the Film department.
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- CPA with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in a production environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.