Linux System Administrator
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of fast storage and high throughput switching.
- Perform implementation and 1st level support of production critical applications on company client and server infrastructure.
- Ensure IT systems operate reliably to meet needs of production,
- Administration and support of Linux (CentOS primarily), Windows (Windows 10 and Server 2003/2016) and Macintosh desktop computers, involving both hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Asset Management – Order, Inventory, Configuration, Leasing and Destruction.
- Prepare and maintain documentation on resolution details, technical updates, processes and standard operations for reference and training of in-house and 3rd party support teams.
- Administering Office 365 including:
- manage mailboxes, user accounts & shared mailboxes
- Create/manage distribution & security groups
- Working and completing Help Desk tickets. These tickets would include but not limited to:
- Monitor/Peripheral issues
- VoIP Phone setup and troubleshooting o Network connectivity issues
- Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Handheld and mobile device issues
- Issues with general applications (like Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
- Diagnosing and fixing Windows laptops/desktops/tablets
- Printer/Scanner setup, troubleshooting Maintain customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery
- Supporting Traditional PBX and VOIP phone systems
- Providing new hire support, preparing and delivering computer equipment as requested
- Maintain existing network and evolving where necessary; identifying problems and proposing a solution.
- Document IT processes
- Collaborate with other members of the technical department
- After hours and weekend availability when required by production.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- University degree or minimum of 5 years' hands-on experience with network administration and help desk in a production environment
- Operating Systems: Linux CentOs, Windows XP, Win 7/10, Server 2003 - 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016//O365
- Fundamental understanding of networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, routers, switches, LAN/WAN)
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, multi-campus environment
- Working knowledge of the M&E industry (VFX preferred),
- Familiarity with the MPAA Content Security Best Practices considered a plus.
- Ability to work on-call after hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.