VFX Production Assistant
- New York, NY, USA
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our team in New York, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This full-time VFX Production Assistant position is ideal for someone with post-production experience that is interested in exploring visual effects production. Production Assistants work directly with our team of VFX coordinators, Producers, Artists and Supervisors.
- Assisting the Scheduling team in booking artist time, freelance and staff.
- Organizing assets and computer files.
- Updating databases and calendars.
- Assisting with digital uploads and deliveries.
- Recording minutes from client and internal sessions and relaying relevant instructions and notes to various artists and departments.
- Ensuring timely communication between departments and externally with clients.
- Anticipating any miscommunications or Production bottlenecks and alerting the rest of the Production team.
- Various other production and administrative duties.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 1+ year of professional post-production experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel, email lists and databases
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A positive, proactive approach to solving problems.
- The desire to work together as a team in high-stress situations while maintaining a positive and professional work culture.
- Knowledge of Visual Effects and shot-tracking software (Shotgun, F-Track) are a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.