Business Development Manager, FTV
- Culver City, CA, USA
The Technicolor Pre-production Studio is a new and exciting visualization company within an already well-established company with offices in Los Angeles, London, Montreal, Vancouver and Bangalore. Though the Pre-Production studio is standalone from Technicolor’s industry-leading visual effects brands – MPC Film, Mill Film, MR. X and Technicolor VFX– the team can work seamlessly in conjunction with one or any combination of them. Recent examples of our work include Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Detective Pikachu, Passengers, Ghost in the Shell and The Jungle Book.
Technicolor Pre-Production Services is a new division for Technicolor and represents Front-end development services: Art Department, Visualization, Virtual Production and we are seeking a Passionate, Curious, Self-motivated Business Development Manager to help discover and explore new opportunities for our division.
Our Division will look to independently foster new work opportunities for projects in the development stage of Productions. We look to explore not only Film and Television, but also Themed Entertainment. We work closely with our many VFX brands: MPC Film,
Mr. X, Mill Film and Mikros VFX.
About our VFX brands:
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
MR. X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia; Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
The Business Development Manager for Technicolor Pre-Production Services is an expert on the Pre-Production services we have to offer our clients. With a focus on creating, fostering and developing client relationships, the Business Development Manager is responsible for growth and securing new business opportunities for Technicolor Pre-Production Services.
- Identify target opportunities utilizing existing company contacts along with their own network.
- Actively seek new leads and review and target development slates.
- Develop leads that are passed on by the Business Development Executives or other key members of the team.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and be knowledgeable of the history, current projects, key executives and creatives, headcount and other specialized services.
- Be proactive with the clients, listening and learning to anticipate their needs through strong relationships.
- Act as lead contact point for client liaison in securing work.
- Organize and attend client meetings for upcoming projects, ensuring key stake holders are briefed and clear on the objectives of the meeting.
- Create development plans for incoming projects, highlighting client needs, business opportunities and key stake holders to be shared with the team at the beginning of each project.
- Be an active participant in the Film and Television community, maximizing networking opportunities.
- Maintain an understanding of the wider Film and Television landscape and a knowledge of our competitors’ activities.
- Strong network of contacts within the Film and Television community.
- Highly attentive to communicating effectively with clients and internal teams.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and written.
- 8+ years experience within the Film/Television industry.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.