Junior Systems Administrator
- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia, Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Operations Adelaide the Junior System Administrator is an entry level position, responsible for executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned. Mill Film has a legacy which includes an Academy Award for Visual Effects, we set the creative bar high and work hard to deliver creative excellence alongside building inclusion and diversity into the fabric of our studio.
- Installations for, and maintenance of, local data centre
- Build and operations of storage, render, servers and screening rooms
- Local production network management, user account management & desktop support
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required
- Knowledge in one or more of Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred), Mac and Windows administration
- Knowledge and experience with networking, switch management and services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networks, subnets and routing
- Working experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high-performance computing environment preferred, though graduates with a passion for VFX or Computing
- Degree in a technical discipline is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly, take directions & work under pressure
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.