- Culver City, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry. Recent examples of our work include Lion King, Blade Runner 2049, Detective Pikachu, Passengers, Ghost in the Shell and The Jungle Book.
The Scheduler at MPC will be responsible for scheduling artists and resources to pre-production projects. The Scheduler will act as a point of contact for Producers and HR/Recruiting to ensure efficient and fast changing scheduling needs are met.
- Penciling in new and speculative jobs from schedules, advising on availability/suitability of artists.
- Chasing producers if current and future projects have released/confirmed.
- Ensure schedules align with approved bids while maximizing billable artists and minimizing overhead
- Work with show Supervisors and Producers to create efficient team dynamic.
- Track and report artist availability; communicate hiring needs to recruiting.
- Collaborating with our other global studios/helping them with our available staff.
- Looking into freelancers if needed (shoots etc).
- Advising production of any new workflows/upgrades/artists that are available.
- Highlighting if a clash of schedules arises and working with producers to find a successful solution.
- Highlighting any daily issues to production, which may affect workflow and/or hinder the effective allocation of resources for that day.
- Restoring/syncing assets across sites.
- At least 2 years’ experience in scheduling VFX or Pre-Production projects.
- Demonstrate extremely pro-active approach.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must have thorough VFX Pipeline knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills - able to work with artists and producers at all levels, as well as in a team.
- Highly organized, able to problem solve and have the ability remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Capacity to manage a busy workload.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.