Product Manager - 3 month Contract
- London, UK
We saw a gap in the market, we wanted to give our artists a place to maintain industry standards, increase their knowledge and understanding of their chosen field and to provide a place to maintain a community and to build a career. The Focus will work for studios who are part of the Technicolor group to operate on an even playing field to engage with global talent who work amongst the VFX, Episodic, Advertising and Gaming industries.
You will work in a fast moving, innovative space to help grow and shape our future along with future of the studios.
We are changing the way people think about studio recruitment. Ten years ago the industry was just forming – Look how far technology has brought us, imagine where we will be in another ten years.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for the feature portfolio management of The Focus website and Artist community. This is a unique opportunity to influence how the largest Film & Episodic post production organisaton in the world manages and recruits the best talent. You will be based in our London Soho Office and work with our Core innovation team along with the Talent teams globally. You will also work closely with our third party suppliers based offshore. A keen understanding to translate Stakeholder processes into technical and functional descriptions is key to this role.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for the product across business units within Technicolor Film & Episodic.
- Develop product management; working with a UX designer to define problem statements, user stories, user journeys, use cases and feature acceptance criteria.
- Work within a cross functional sprint team, comprising of UX, Engineering, Marketing and Recruitment.
- Prioritize feature requests in the context of the product roadmap milestones and targets.
- Manage the feature portfolio of user requirements / Backlog.
- Attend and lead Backlog refinement sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure requirements are clearly defined and communicated upon prior approval by the Stakeholder group.
- Issue and brief the design team to establish designs for new features and functionality extensions
- Confirm requirements (Statement of Work) and brief third-party suppliers and/ or partners of The Focus
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of product feature requirements and adapt to changing business needs.
- Deliver strategy and progress presentations to stakeholder group and internal team.
- Work with the Programme Manager and Global head of Digital Transformation to bring together existing and new technology interfaces.
- Prototyping products to ensure we have a consumer product that delivers for Artist and Studios.
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Product Manager delivering features and products at scale.
- Experience of Prototyping and Developing a consumer facing product
- Experience in developing a “News feed” style application with the focus on sharing and gathering information.
- Strong Agile planning & prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage and influence colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills and explaining complex solutions to a broad group.
- Analytical and data driven, able to prioritise and track value of product features.
- Experience in working with stakeholders across different global locations to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in managing and working with an outsourced vendor
- Experienced in risk management, able to anticipate issues and define appropriate actions to mitigate them.
- Proficient Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Projects).
Product Management, SCRUM certification