Senior System Administrator
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Global Head of Technology, the Senior Systems Administrator is tasked with:
- Maintaining and monitoring critical server infrastructure, including both Linux (CentOS) and Windows Desktop/Server.
- Installation and maintenance of storage servers (Dell EMC, Qumulo, Avid)
- Installation and maintenance of Virtual platforms (VMWare).
- Installation and maintenance of LAN based on Brocade solutions.
- Management and development of centralized configuration and revisioning tools.
- Documenting changes to environment and processes.
- Providing support where necessary in the following areas:
- Office 365.
- Linux & Windows Desktop.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- VoIP (Shortel)
- DCC applications
- Collaborate with other members of Technology team in Montreal and Toronto.
- Work with Head of Technology on planning & procurement of all hardware and software requirements & evaluate the technological needs for business unit.
- 5+ years experience supporting a hetrogeneous desktop and server environment (Linux CentOS and Windows Desktop/Server)
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NFS v4,LDAP,Domain Policy, SSSD,GIT, Puppet,PXE,PowerShell, 801.2x
- Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
- Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN.
- Knowledge of Bash and/or Python would be a plus
- Familiarity of VFX/media production environments.
- Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
- Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
- Working with other departments to understand needs and recommend solutions
- Project management, ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Cyber Arc, Cycle cloud, Azure, OKTA, SCCM, Service Now
- Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.