- New York, NY, USA
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
We're looking for a passionate, collaborative person to join our Scheduling team in New York. Responsibilities include scheduling artists and resources to projects and acting as a point of contact for Producers and HR/Recruiting to ensure fast-changing scheduling needs are met.
- Penciling in new and speculative jobs from schedules. Advising on availability/suitability of artists.
- Chasing producers if current and future projects have released/confirmed.
- Ensuring schedules align with approved bids while maximizing billable artists and minimizing overhead
- Working with show Supervisors and Producers to create efficient team dynamic.
- Tracking and reporting artist availability; communicating hiring needs to recruiting.
- Collaborating with our other global studios/helping them with our available staff.
- Looking into freelancers if needed (shoots etc).
- Advising production of any new workflows/upgrades/artists that are available.
- Highlighting if a clash of schedules arises and working with producers to find a successful solution.
- Highlighting any daily issues to production, which may affect workflow and/or hinder the effective allocation of resources for that day.
- Restoring/syncing assets across sites.
- At least 2 years’ experience in scheduling VFX or Pre-Production projects.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must have thorough VFX Pipeline knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills -- able to work with artists and producers at all levels, as well as in a team.
- Highly organized and proactive personality, with an ability to solve problems and remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with CETA and ftrack or Shotgun a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.