- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisors and Leads to determine best approach to solve effects challenges and develop final look in shot development.
- Work with other TD and CG Supervisor to create photo-real effects and physically accurate simulations.
- Accurately interpret concept art and design from the Art Department.
- Use and understand 3D / 2D applications such as Houdini, Maya, and Nuke.
- Provide input regarding tools and interfaces to improve throughput.
- Producing a final overall look that far exceeds client expectations.
- At least 3 years of Episodic TV and/or feature film production experience working with Houdini and/or Maya and/or 3DS Max.
- Experience with FumeFX a plus.
- Experience lighting and rendering with V-Ray, Mantra, Arnold, and RedShift a plus.
- Ability to script in Python and Hscript. C++ and HDK a plus.
- Ability to quickly master proprietary effects tools and pipeline tools.
- Ability to design, self-direct, and organize your work.
- Strong communication skills and must be able to work well within a team.
- Exercise a high level of focus and skill in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to perform visual and analytical problem-solving.
- Strong demo reel and/or portfolio in realistic effects animation, lighting, arts or engineering.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.