Head of Production - MR.X Montreal
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
To oversee the work of the production team in Montréal by ensuring shows are completed on time, within budget, and to agreed standards.
Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Hiring manager for Production Managers, Coordinators and Production assistants;
- The key point of contact for issues arising in Montréal productions, escalating issues and recommendations to Global Head of Production and Senior Management team as needed;
- Responsible for developing and monitoring production tools and workflows, especially as they pertain to multi-site work;
- Work with the Senior Management team to help foster the next generation of talent;
- Convey messages and changes that have a significant impact on the crew, including being visible on the floor on a regular basis.
- Work with the Senior Management team to coordinate projects/work between Mr. X sites;
- Accomplish subsidiary show objectives by establishing or assisting in the establishment of plans, budgets, results measurements, allocating resources and making mid-course corrections;
- Work with show Producers and Production Managers to ensure show scheduling is accurate;
- Work with production and creative teams to ensure that deliverables are met within agreed budgets/targets;
- Regularly meet with and work with show Producers and Supervisors to ensure client directives and deliverables are being achieved;
- Oversee show progress and show budgets at pre-set milestones and as required;
- Works with Global Head of Production, Global Head of Resourcing, and HR to ensure proper resourcing and team allocation for all shows;
- Have overall view of resources and when they are required for shows/departments, including coordinating with Resourcing and HR on the impact of employment contracts;
- Review financial progress of shows with Producers, Global HoP, Finance and Global MD;
- Regularly review and refreshes Project Plans with Montréal Producers;
- Monitor project costs in line with production progress and overall budgetary targets.
- Ensure that appropriate senior talent is assigned to the correct show and represents Mr. X in the expected high standards;
- Where necessary act as a liaison for senior creative talent and clients;
- Work closely with VFX Supervisors & Producers to balance client needs with internal team management, and coach on strategic approach where necessary;
- Maintain and further the profile of Mr. X within the VFX community locally and globally.
- Strong working knowledge of VFX bidding and project management
- Advanced understanding of VFX pipelines
- Strong excel and Shotgun skills
- Producer experience in VFX Feature or Episodic
- Demonstrable client management experience
- 3+ years of training and management experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to oversee, analyze and maintain a budget
- Proven experience with strategic scheduling
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-site