- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The Department Assistant (DA) is responsible for supporting the Department Manager (DM) in their function as the people manager within the assigned department. The DA helps to ensure department operations are continuous, efficient and documented while contributing to the timely and efficient completion of shows.
The DA will contribute to the long term success of the department, they will support the DM in effectively managing their people.
- Be receptive to mentorship while learning to become an ambassador of MPC’s culture
- Learn how to become a positive influence on people’s behaviors in alignment with the company values, vision and mission
- Assist with the process of growing internal cohesion and a shared culture in your department and across locations
- Be a catalyst to help encourage maximum performance and dedication from your department
- Learn from communications between colleagues - for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Understand the tools available; ranging from insider, show meeting, space etc.
- Support the DM’s running of department meetings by assisting with departmental, local studio and global (where relevant) information
- Assist with review of time sheets, reporting artist’s presence at the studio (logging of hours, time off, vacations and sickness)
- Assist with reporting process for department overtime and TOIL requests
- Send daily sick/late emails
- Provide ad-hoc assistants to the Department Manager
- Team Set Up and Management
- Sourcing of production items and materials in support of the artist’s work stations
- Check and request OT meals for the department
- Assist with setting up candidate interviews where appropriate
- Day to day resource management for the department, working with the DM to make sure the team has everything it needs to work effectively
- Assistance with sync queue management
Engagement and Proposition
- Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects
- Assist with reward and recognition activities
- Work with the DM to adopt, embed and roll out company initiatives within the department
- Assist with the management of new starters ensuring a positive experience into the studio and department
- Project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
- Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
- Communication skills – ability to work within a team, cooperating with diverse personalities and viewpoints; the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
- Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation
- Trust – a trusted confidante on department issues
- Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.