Windows Systems Administrator - Mid
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC is one of the world's leading post-production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for the television and feature film industries. We are seeking a Windows System Administrator for our Montreal facility to ensure the ongoing operation of our IT systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support related to multiple computer systems, networks, telephony and security solutions at the local site.
- Provide 1st / 2nd and some 3rd level desktop, application and server support
- Provide remote technical expertise to Global MPC locations.
- Working with the Senior Windows Administrator to communicate and co-ordinate systems activities to ensure computer compatibility and cross-departmental information services needs are met.
- Analyses customer needs to determine appropriate technical solutions
- Delivery of computer applications, hardware platforms, system solutions, networks & security, which are developed, installed and maintained according to IS standards and procedures.
- Support and administer Active Directory services.
- Help maintain and support communication systems – Email (Exchange), MS Lync, audio & video conferencing systems.
- Maintain and support of Anti-Virus solution (Symantec Endpoint Protection).
- Create and maintain support documentation.
- Work with the other members of the Systems team on non-Windows specific tasks and projects when required.
- Perform tasks in our data centers when required (Racking servers, etc)
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems
- Recognized certifications MCP/MCSE (preferred but not required)
- Experience providing 1st / 2nd line support within cross–platform environments
- Knowledge of and capable of supporting Windows Server 2008/2012, Exchange 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Active Directory, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and other standard office applications in a business networdk environment
- Experience with Virtualization (Vmware)
- Strong Understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Familiarity with server hardware and maintenance (Dell PowerEdge)
- Data Backup and Recovery with Symantec Backup Exec or similar Enterprise Software.
- Symantec Antivirus or similar Enterprise Software
- Scripting knowledge (VB, PowerShell)
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure