Bidding Producer, Film & Episodic VFX
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Film & Episodic VFX is a segment under the Technicolor Production Services Division. The segment comprises of 4 brands: MPC Film, Mr. X, Mill Film and Mikros VFX.
MPC Film is a world leading Visual effects studio, working on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies truly mind-blowing. We’re the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049, The Justice League, X-men series, Harry Potter series to name a few. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
MR. X is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. We’re made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia; Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mikros VFX is a French company specialized in digital visual effects, post-production and animation. For 30 years, creativity has been at the heart of our image and sound activities. Divided into fiction, advertising, and animation, our teams provide tools and creative expertise aligned with national and international market standards. Present in Paris, London, Brussels, Liège and Montreal, we have been a member of Technicolor since 2015.
The VFX Bidding Producer is responsible for the creative assessment for all potential new projects up to award for Technicolor’s VFX Film and Episodic divisions. Working as part of the centralized Business Development team, this work requires extensive, up to date knowledge of the VFX workflow. Working across multiple projects in parallel, analyzing scripts and VFX breakdowns to quantify the work required. Working to ensure all bids are appropriate to the project and timely to ensure maximum revenue at all times.
- Read incoming scripts, VFX breakdowns and review all creative materials received.
- Creatively assess the work required to complete a project and provide bid days for VFX breakdowns in line with the VFX pipeline.
- Consult with VFX supervisors and Head of Departments on creative, technical approaches, and methodologies as needed.
- Act as a contact for all client liaison on allocated projects.
- Prepare and lead all creative client discussions with VFX Supervisors.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and commercial analyst to prepare financials on all bids for approval by EPs.
- Responsible for flagging any approach that may require significant further development from the technology teams.
- Work with Business Development Manager and EP to develop strategy for award for each project.
- Understand the industry cost structures and how this effects creative assessment.
- Attends all client meetings relating to upcoming projects.
- Stays current of studio capacity and talent capabilities in order to effectively create bids.
- Work with the EP, Business Development and Commercial Analyst to ensure accuracy of all bids.
- Responsible for creative handover of awarded shows to the local EP/show Producer, maintaining a comprehensive set of notes relating to each project.
- Assist other Bidding Producers from the different brands as necessary.
- 3+ years VFX Production experience.
- Previous experience in providing detailed and accurate bids for features and episodic.
- High-level knowledge of Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of the VFX workflows.
- Calm under pressure and tight deadlines.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.