Mr.X - Creature TD (Rigging)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is an award-winning Visual Effects company that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. From the outset we engage filmmakers in a true collaborative partnership to realize and deliver visuals that tell their stories.
Building on our production workflows, the Rigging TD is responsible for setting up and maintaining complex creature rigs, as well as supporting following pipeline steps.
Tasked with developing and designing the tools and setups to tackle the challenges associated with a variety of complex creature setups. Our Rigging TDs balance technical and creative prowess, capable of scripting pipeline tools to streamline our shot-making processes as well as finessing a final shot sculpt.
Develop new techniques and processes to solve unique and technical creature production challenges.
Create creature setups that support and enhance simulation (cloth, hair, muscle, etc.)
Perform shot tasks such as finaling, and under the direction of the Creature FX team, simulations such as cloth, hair and muscle.
Collaborate with the Asset, Rigging, Animation, and Creature FX teams to develop effective and efficient physically-based simulation assets and rigs.
Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
Lead by example, foster a good working atmosphere and ethics.
- In depth knowledge of Maya. Knowledge of Maya cloth and hair techniques would be a bonus
- Preferably 3+ years of production experience
- Strong understanding of both Facial and Figure Anatomy - biped and quadruped
- Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya in film/broadcast
- Experience with finaling and PSD workflows
- Ability to work with and organize complex, physically-based assets
- MEL, Python scripting experience, C++ welcome
- Knowledge of Houdini, Ziva, Mudbox and/or Zbrush would be a bonus
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Strong artistic aptitude with a discipline in hyper-realism as opposed to perceptual representationalism
- Strong understanding of physics and mathematics
- The ability to support himself/herself and take initiative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.