- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mikros Animation is a CGI animation studio, dedicated to feature films. Here you will find opportunities to work in our studio in Montreal, Canada. Mikros Animation Montreal is part of Mikros Image, part of the Technicolor group.
Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for an experienced Matte Painting Supervisor to join us on an exciting new animation project.
The Matte Painting Supervisor is responsible for the direction and management of the Matte Painting team while working under the supervision of the Line Producer and CG Supervisor.
They are in charge of giving the necessary coaching and training to its team in order to reach its objectives and is responsible for the entire process of DMP. As the Supervisor for the department, he brings and implements his expertise both technically and artistically for the completion of the project.
Our prospective Matte Painting Supervisor will need to combine technical and artistic knowhow with perceptive leadership. You should have the enthusiasm and ambition to inspire our team to surpass the top quality work they are already producing. The successful candidate will play a central role in ensuring Mikros continues to create top-class feature entertainment.
- Supervise the Matte Painting team (3 artists) and ensure a high quality of work.
- Work with production coordinators to divide and assign shots to the team according to the inventory.
- Implement and deliver technical solutions in collaboration with the Environment Supervisor.
- Train and guide the Matte Painting team, promoting collaboration and team spirit.
- Be accountable for retakes and ensure their follow-up.
- Be in direct contact with R&D.
- Respect the quotas set by production.
- Proven experience in leading a team of artists as Lead or Matte Painting Supervisor
- A strong technical background is essential.
- Highest proficiency in Nuke and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge in Maya is required.
- Thorough understanding of 3D and animation movies production pipeline.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Being proactive and able to adapt is extremely important.
- Bilingual and excellent communication skills (French and English).
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
N-B. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian residents will be given priority consideration // Please note that you may be asked to provide references.
- Status: Contractual / full time
- Location: Montreal
- Start date: ASAP
- Annual Salary: To be discussed