- Montreal, QC, Canada
Academy at The Focus supports the world’s leading visual effects studio including MPC Film, Mill Film and Mr X. We are continually looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal and Bangalore, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Upon successful completion of your training period, you will work within one of Technicolor’s FEV studios. During the Academy, we will assess your skill set and determine which business unit best suits you. We cannot guarantee you a space in a specific studio. However, we will endeavour to support your preference.
We are looking for intelligent, driven and passionate candidates who are interested in kick-starting a career in VFX Production. You do not need to have a university degree, but 1-2 years of work experience in a customer-facing environment e.g. retail, hospitality or tourism industries is desirable.
What do we offer?
- A full-time paid position with Technicolor with a contract of up to one year working as part of our team.
- An extended training period of 12 weeks to get you up to the standard required to manage, track and collaborate on delivering first-class VFX Productions.
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior team member.
- Intensive schooling on our proprietary software and general industry tools.
- Upon successful completion of your 12 week training period, you transition on to the Production Floor as a VFX Production Coordinator in one of our business units.
What will you do?
You will stretch your own capabilities, challenge the status quo, strive to take your learning to the next level and improve services for our Clients. Throughout the 12 week Academy, you will gain a complete overview of the role and acquire the skills to operate as a VFX Production Coordinator.
You will gain the skills, knowledge and confidence that will enable you to effectively combine the pieces of the puzzle and keep the show on track – you will learn how to effectively build a schedule and coordinate with a team of Artists to deliver against these targets. You will be responsible for leading internal meetings, note-taking and communication Production requirements to the team. Throughout the programme, you will enhance your project management and organization skills, keeping on-top of all Client requests and strategizing with the team on how to best achieve the deliverables within the assigned days.
You will build relationships and your confidence, communicating with multiple departments and your show colleagues to ensure that work is ready and progressing through our VFX Pipeline – forward-thinking to ensure that your dependencies are on track and following the issue management processes where necessary.
The programme is made-up of classroom-based-learning, online training, interactive workshops and a series of Subject Matter Expert (SME) Master-classes to provide you with the contextual grounding for the direct on-the-show Production experience.
Who will this suit?
We are looking for candidates who ideally possess the following qualities:
- Leadership skills – creative approach to resolving challenging situations; confidence and a critical thinker who works well under pressure.
- Management skills – highly organized and analytical; good use of initiative and decision-making.
- Communication skills – ability to work with and inspire a team; good presentation and written/verbal comms; good listening skills.
- People person – teamwork; team player who is able to build relationships.
- A desire and ability to transition from learning and study into a professional career.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.