Director of Nursing - Family Health
- Minneapolis, MN
MVNA is an innovative community health care provider whose nurse-led process consistently produces improved outcomes for individuals and families. MVNA has led the way in community health for 112 years for clients ranging from pregnancy to end-of-life and bereavement (www.MVNA.org).
Our mission is “improving lives at every age through home and community health services.”
Staff members embrace our vision by “using compassion and ingenuity to profoundly impact the health and independence of individuals, families, and communities.”
Staff members live the Core Values of MVNA:
We have an exciting opportunity in a leadership position on our Family Health team. As the Clinical Director, you’ll play an integral part in ensuring the delivery of high quality nursing care through home visiting to at risk populations. Programs within Family Health focus on the health of women and families during pregnancy and post-delivery, teen parents, premature babies and ill children. Families are offered services using the evidence based home visiting models of Nurse-Family Partnership and Healthy Families America as well as Core Home Visiting programs. You’ll lead our direct care staff in providing exceptional services offered throughout Hennepin County. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assume overall responsibility for oversight and management of the clinical services provided by the clinical and non-clinical teams.
- Assume responsibility for development of clinical policy and procedure.
- Provide mentoring and supervision of team leads including performance appraisals.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orienting and evaluating staff.
- Identify and implement Quality Improvement activities.
- Manage and coordinate clinical education for nursing staff.
- Display a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Minnesota.
- Education, preparation and/or experience to include:
- Five years of Maternal Child Health experience.
- Three years or more of demonstrated leadership in a health care setting, including supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Demonstrated management ability and knowledge of nursing practice and quality improvement related to nursing practice
- Previous Public Health or home visiting experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, develop and maintain partnerships.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and the internet.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid MN Driver’s License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
Send resume, cover letter, including minimum salary requirement and/or application via e-mail at email@example.com or fax to 612-617-4659.