Brand Manager, Online Marketing (Toys)
- Providence, RI
About Mackenzie Search:
Great talent is both rare and valued....... the ability to recognize great talent is even more rare!
One premise remains constant, even with the technological advances over the past half-century: It takes Tier-1 Leadership & Talent to build Strong, Successful Organizations! That's where Mackenzie comes in.
Mackenzie was founded in 1992 to grow strong LifeScience, Animal Science, HealthCare and Technology companies with their most important asset - Talent, and to become the preeminent consulting firm in our space. Those goals have been accomplished time and time again as Mackenzie has been recognized simultaneously and in consecutive years (Business Journal Book of lists) as the Mid-Atlantics top firm, with offices nationwide. Along the way we have completed thousands of searches from the Boardroom to the C-Suite, and from the Sales Field to the Scientific Bench on both the Business and Manufacturing sides of an organization. Mackenzie has expanded Start-ups and Conglomerates locally, regionally, and nationally and filled just about every position in the organizational matrix.
Our clients' needs are listed below.
Position: Brand Manager, Online Marketing
Industry: Consumer Products / Cosmetics
Location: Rhode Island - Providence
We have an immediate need for a detail-oriented, retail brand marketer to join our team and execute marketing strategies across all of our brands on Target.com and Walmart.com. In this critical role, you will partner with both internal cross-functional teams (sales, promotions, US Marketing) and with external vendor managers and site merchandisers to strategize, develop and execute marketing campaigns that align with national efforts and also tie into the needs on the online consumer. As such, the successful candidate will need to be a proactive, collaborative, and responsive team leader/member. With a mindset that combines strong creative acumen with analytic based judgment, you will build and leverage best practices to enable the business to meet and/or exceed account goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Online Retail Marketing, you will:
- Execute key brand initiatives, including marketing the brand(s) to mirror national promotions in the most effective manner.
- Align with store based initiatives to mirror them online and add incremental layers where applicable.
- Develop overall online go-to-market promotions strategy for early launch or new to market items.
- Partner with US Marketing and Sales to deliver marketing programs that deliver sales lifts and drive awareness of the item/product line as a whole.
- Maintain current knowledge of online retail channels and digital insights for how the modern consumer shops and researches for toys. Become the ecommerce/digital insights expert and leverage learning across product lines.
- Drive product innovations through the system to better meet consumer demands with account /channel exclusives. Collaborate with the exclusives team in the development of all special and exclusive products.
- Develop and execute online promo codes which align with national FSIs and track metrics on their effectiveness.
- Forecast potential lifts, recap promotions and analyze execution and ROI to determine best strategies (by brand) for the account.
- Manage placements and promotions on the retailers sites in addition to working collaboratively on media buys.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Thorough understanding of online retail marketing and retail analytics
- Proven experience in managing multiple brands in the digital marketing and analytics space
- Experience in managing multiple internal and external teams
- Able to interact with senior management and clients, take corporate strategic initiatives and present actionable findings
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in consumer packaged goods online retail marketing, preferably supporting a global brand online and ecommerce experience with a major retailer. Experience in the toy category is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track.
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
- Strategic vision and depth in understanding how the online consumer reacts to marketing vehicles.
- Analytical skills to determine forecasted lifts, ROI, etc. for promotions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Base Salary - $85,000 - $95,000
- Benefits - Full
- Bonus Eligible
- Interview Travel Reimbursed