Nurse Practitioner-Pallative Care
- Dallas, TX
About Mackenzie Search Group
Great talent is both rare and valued... the ability to recognize great talent is even more rare!
The Mackenzie Search Group knows how to position US & International companies for success, from Start-Up Ventures to Small & Medium size organizations to Multi-Divisional International Conglomerates, and builds companies with their most important asset. Talent, with a strict focus in these niche areas: LifeSciences (Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Medical Device, Diagnostics, Biotech, Research, Lab) HealthCare (Executives, Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurses, Assisted Living, LTC, PT, OT, Speech), Information Technology,Consulting, Homeland Security, Clean Technology, Energy, B2B, Manufacturing, Engineering, Six Sigma/Lean, Finance/Accounting, Sales, and Marketing, Mobile Technology and Social Media.
With a National Network and Stable of Recruiters (and over 500 years of experience on our team) that specialize in Niche Industries, Mackenzie can assist and manage your Recruitment needs throughout North America
Growing Strong Companies with the very best talent from the C-suite to the Field & on both the Business Operations & Manufacturing sides of an organization, is what Principals and Consultants at Mackenzie Search know best, are most passionate about, and have done since 1992. Just ask our Client references and LinkedIn recommendations, they can tell the story better than we can.
seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner to support the Palliative Care service line. Responsibilities:
Nurse Practitioner Role
-Demonstrates/models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advance concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, implementation and evaluation.
-Collaborates, developes and maintains working relationships with staff and other members of the health care team. Ensures timely consults.
-Functions as the Palliative Care practitioner for patients being admitted to the Palliative Care Program.
-Increases utilization of Palliative Care referral source within the institution.
-Performs a complete history and physical examination, ordering pertinental diagnostic tests to complete the health assessment for utilizing age specific criteria for ADULT: (19-60 YEARS), and GERIATRIC: 61 & OLDER)
-Interpresets information to determine health status and identifies differential diagnosis through delegated responsibility from a physician.
-Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, monitoring, and delivery of palliative care.
-Communicates with the patient's primary care provider to provide continuity of care
- Utilizes verbal and written communication strategies to ensure continuity of care.
- Formulates a plan of care in collaboration with physicians, other healthcare team members, the patient's family and the patient.
- Manages therapeutic regimens as outlined by established protocols and guidelines.
-Utilizes prescriptive authority based on approved protocols and/or in consultation with physicians
- Facilitates patient and family education in individual or group settings utilizing appropriate teaching materials and adult learning strategies.
- Evaluates achievement of individual patient goals, tracks patient variances individually and in aggregate for a population, and recommends actions to improve patient progrss toward goals.
- Provides counseling and clinical intervention based on medical expertise along with the continuum of care.
- In Collaboration with the physician treatment team, patient and family, a Comfort plan of care is developed and implemented
- The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on the physical, psycho/social, eduation, safety and related criteria appropriate to patient's age.
The successul candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Master's degree: BSN (Nursing): Nurse Practitioner/CNS in Texas required. Certification as Adult or Geriatric NP with hospice/palliative care certification preferred.
Five (5) years nursing experience; Three (3) years Hospice or Palliative Care.
RN in Texas and Certified Hospice Palliative Care preferred,
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, ability to function in fast-paced environment. Advanced knowledge of current professional health care and nursing issues,
- Base Salary - $105,000 - $130,000
- Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate