Experienced Illustrator/Graphic Designer
- Washington, DC
Our company, a proponent of visual thinking, is a local leader in information mapping. We create communications graphics for clients in the government and commercial sectors. Our team consists of educated, energetic, self-motivated professionals. Through management consulting and graphic design services, our team helps our clients simplify complexity, manage change, and enhance internal and external communications, leading them to a clearer strategy, enterprise-wide alignment, and overall improved business results. Our company HQ is located in the heart of Adams Morgan, DC.
Looking for a conceptual and strategic thinker to translate highly complex information into visual storyboards and ultimately into large form factor mediums. Joining a team of highly motivated individuals, you will collaborate across company competencies to deliver an innovative new change management and communications product. The ideal candidate will have strong quality, speed, organization, coordination, consistency, and communication capabilities. In addition, the ideal candidate will be adept at multi-‐tasking and prioritizing projects and deadlines, executing high quality work products under tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail. They will also possess an eye for both a government and commercial design aesthetic, and excel in information organization/layout.
- Conceptual sketches viapen& ink or Wacom tablet
- Print-‐baseddigital illustration (vector-‐based illustration, 3Dmodeling, sketch-‐up, etc.)
- Informationdesignand strong useof type
- Strong in layout/composition, color, navigation
- Excellent PPT skills
- Attending client and internal meetings to gather requirements
- Creation of concept sketches or mock-‐ups based on gathered requirements
- Designing conceptual graphics & strategy maps baseduponbrainstorming sessions anddirection fromaccount teams
- Reviewing concept sketches or mock-‐ups with theart director &account teams
- Translating sketches and illustrations to digital elements (most often vector)
Seeking a candidate with a lot of energy who will fit in a among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals. This position is a one-of‐a‐kind opportunity to join a fast growing company and work with an influential team.
Illustrator/Designer must be:
- 4-‐6 years experience
- Familiar with DoD/Civilian Agency and/or IT acronyms and concepts
- Deep experience in creating information architecture, user flows, navigational concepts and content strategy
- ExpertinAdobeCreativeSuite,advancedcapabilitiesinMicrosoftofficeprograms.Wearea Mac‐based studio
- A great communicator andcomfortablepresenting to senior management
- Great analytical andorganizational skills
- Willingness to try new ideas andpush the envelope froma creative and conceptual standpoint
- A "can-‐do" attitude and strong work ethic