- Hagerstown, MD
Magnolia Management is an operator of skilled nursing facilities
located in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Magnolia's mission is to exceed the expectations of our residents and
their families, to inspire and reward our associates,
and to provide superior financial results to those who entrust us with
the management of their assets.
Magnolia's vision is to be known for its innovation,
exemplary service and superior financial performance while
we expand into new markets. Magnolia is committed to being
the employer of choice among the skilled nursing facilities located in
the communities that we serve.
Julia Manor Health Care Center, located in Hagerstown, MD is currently seeking an experienced and customer service oriented Cook to join our team! The Cook will be responsible for preparing food in accordance with the prescribed resident diet specification, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary regulations under the supervision of the Dietary Manager. The right candidate will have an excellent attitude and have previous cooking experience in a health care setting. This position is full-time day shift.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare and cook resident meals in quantities according to menu and number of persons served.
• Prepare meals according to proper methods and cooking temperatures for best utilization and yield of meats and other foods.
• Clean work area and equipment in accordance with sanitation requirements.
• Consistently prepare meals on time so that serving schedules are met.
• Serve food according to dietary guidelines, checking each tray for completeness and accuracy.
• Monitor portion control guidelines for individual residents to prevent food waste.
• Prepare foods for facility personnel, families, visitors, and for special occasions and events as directed by the Administrator.
• Prepare and serve food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portion, and temperature control procedures and facility policies.
• Inspect special diet trays to ensure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
• Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
• Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
• Experience in preparing foods in large quantities.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
• Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and nicotine screening.
EOE - Drug Free & Nicotine Free Employer
We value the hard work our employees contribute and therefore our company offers the following Benefits to our employees;
The right candidate must be able to pass a background check, nicotine test and drug test.
*EOE-Drug Free Employer*
- Drug Testing/Screening
- Background Checks
- Reference Checks
- Nicotine Screening