Registered Nurse Supervisor (Weekends)
- Shippensburg, PA
Magnolia Management is the owner/operator of skilled nursing facilities
located in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our residents and
their families, to inspire and reward our associates,
and to provide superior financial results to those who entrust us with
the management of their assets.
Our vision is to be known for its innovation,
exemplary service and superior financial performance while
we expand into new markets. Magnolia is committed to being
the employer of choice among the skilled nursing facilities located in
the communities that we serve.
Do you have a passion for caring for others? Shippensburg Health Care Center, a 125 bed facility located in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania is now seeking a dynamic and skilled RN Supervisor with a positive attitude to join our team! The RN Nurse Supervisor will be responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in our nursing unit while adhering to company policies and providing the upmost customer service. The RN Supervisor will also assess resident needs, develop individual care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care, and supervise nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care. This position is Part-Time, Saturday and Sunday working 9am-5pm.
- Interact with residents and families in a positive and professional manner
- Serves as role model for staff through provision of safe, effective and efficient nursing care. Supervises clinical aspects of nursing.
- Monitors implementation of nursing process on units through observation of nursing care given. Identifies deficiencies and communicates with the DON and other appropriate persons. Provides follow-up.
- Resolves difficult clinical issues as necessary.
- Responds to all emergency situations; utilizing sound judgment, makes decisions about management of such situations.
- Interprets, implements, and supports facility and nursing service policy and procedure.
- Participates in resident care as needed.
- Investigates and identifies all relevant aspects of incidents, problems, and/or emergencies occurring on the shift. Communicates same to DON and other appropriate persons.
- Develops and implements an immediate plan for solution as appropriate based on needs and alternatives.
- Arranges for adequate coverage through reassignment of staff as necessary.
- Identifies and communicates problems to appropriate persons and provides follow-up as necessary.
- Maintains effective verbal communication in a professional manner with residents, families and other health team members.
- Utilizes a variety of resources to maintain clinical skills.
EOE-Drug Free & Nicotine Free Employer
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, and other facility staff members
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- A minimum of one year prior nursing management/supervisory experience.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and nicotine screening.
- Drug Testing/Screening
- Background Checks
- Reference Checks
- Nicotine Screening *We are a non smoking company