Furniture Delivery Logistics Operations Manager
- San Diego, CA
We specialize in:
- Furniture delivery and pick up throughout Southern California
- 12,000 square foot warehouse with drop shipping and receiving with monthly service packages
- Complete design installations
- Storage by footage or per item
- Delivery and storage of specialty, oversized, and fragile items
- Art and mirror installation and modular assembly
- In office moving and renovation coordination
- Cross country freight forwarding
The Operations Manager will oversee the daily activity of a privately owned high-end furniture delivery company. He/she will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the company. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productive, efficiency and profitability of the company through effective methods and strategies.
- Coordination and Supervision: manage and monitor daily deliveries and coordinate accordingly with on site work crews using the five (5) company trucks. Organize daily schedules and distribute appropriately among the needed number of employees. Respond to all incoming inquires and customer needs in a timely manner.
- Production: coordinate and monitor the work of employees in the warehouse and follow up completion of delivery service. Monitor performance of employees and implement improvements as needed. Manage maintenance of warehouse equipment as well as delivery equipment and provide technical support when needed.
- Logistics Management: ensure that service delivery by employees are at acceptable standards to meet customer needs. Follow up with customer to ensure positive feedback regarding service delivery. Interact with employees to discuss current condition of logistics and create strategies for improvement on an as needed basis.
- Best Practices: improve processes and policies in support of the company goals. Formulate and implement company policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to company rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Financial: review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operation budgets, control inventor, and plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company. Process monthly operational costs: bi-monthly payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Human Resources: organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish company structure and delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules, supervise employees, monitor and evaluate performance of employees.
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service: manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities.
- One (1) year experience in furniture handling, moving, and assembly
- Three (3) years warehouse management experience with a strong background in financial management
- Five (5) years business management experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with customers and employees
- Demonstrates leadership abilities with collaborative management skills
- Demonstrates high professional ethical standards in a diverse work environment
- Possess organizational skills with ability to multitask between projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Outlook
- Geographic knowledge of San Diego, OrangeCounty, and Los Angeles a plus
- Attainment and retention of employment will be contingent upon initial drug tests and random testing throughout employment
- Position includes benefit package available in accordance with current company policy
- Benefit package includes: health insurance, 401K simple plan with 3% match, and possible monthly profit sharing.