- San Francisco, CA
The data architect will be responsible for leading the team to create data model framework, developing conceptual, logical and physical models for Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Lead data modeller will work very closely with various business groups to understand and develop data models that are robust and optimal. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of full life cycle of data warehouse implementation process from business requirements through logical modelling, physical database design, data sourcing and data transformation and deploying.
- A proactive problem solving mentality that thrives in an agile work environment.
- Crispy communicator with the ability to simplify, communicate, and sell vision/ideas up, down, and across the organization.
- Strong desire to work for a fast-paced, flexible environment of a start up
- Leverage new data platform like Hadoop, NOSQL databases like Cassandra as needed to design optimal architectures.
- Act as a core member of the BI team and help drive and resolve broader company wide business issues.
- Work with Business to understand conceptual data models and translate these into appropriate Logical Data models.
- Create, document, reconcile and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models for DW, Master Data, DSS.
- Ensure data integrity and optimization across all Logical Data Models.
- Analyze and adapt project requirements for impact to Data models.
- Work with data owners to support the monitoring, management and ultimately improvement of data quality.
- Work towards the adoption of a consistent data dictionary across the organization and adapt over time.
- Develop and implement strategies and methodologies in support of Master Data Management initiatives.
- Big plus for production experience in Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Cassandra.
- Large scale data warehouse management and optimization with low latency, high throughout results a big plus.
- Keep abreast of the business strategy, business plan and latest industrial trends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.