Computer Security Information Analyst
- Arlington, VA
The location for the position will be in Arlington Virginia. As a Computer Security Information Analyst, the successful candidate will work closely with cyber security analysts in the public and private sectors to effectuate cyber information and analysis capability sharing to support risk management, incident analysis, and response activities. You will often collaborate with these entities to analyze incident and threat information, develop technical mitigations, and produce reporting to disseminate this information to designated stakeholders. This position will also work with analysts from across to explore new and innovative ways in which technical competencies and capabilities can be applied to current and future technical challenges faced by the critical infrastructure.
- Education: BS in Computer Science Information Science, Information Systems Management with three (3) years applicable experience; or MS with one (1) year of experience.
- Experience: Successful candidates will have the following experience: conducting computer security incident handling or analysis experience (at least four years); reviewing, analyzing and correlating threat data from available sources.
- Skills: Abiity to apply knowledge and experience. Demonstrates basic understanding of software lifecycle, especially in regard to software-intensive systems, as they relate to application in customer contexts and needs.
- Physical Mobility: This position is located in Arlington, VA. Primarily sedentary, long periods of sitting; ability to travel to various locations within the community, customer sites, conferences, and offsite meetings with some frequency.
- Environmental Conditions: Normal office conditions, close contact with computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to work under pressure and changing priorities; pay attention to detail; meet inflexible deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure.
- Other: Candidate must be able to pass a background investigation, obtain a TS/SCI security clearance, be a US citizen, and work full-time at a customer site in the Northern Virginia metro area. Candidate will be required to travel on overnight assignments.
- Education: MS in Computer Science Information Science, Information Systems Management with five (5) years applicable experience.
- Licenses: Information systems security, incident response and analysis, and other similar certifications are desired (e.g. SANS GIAC Level 2 courses, CCNP, CCIE Security).
- Experience: Ideal candidates will have experience in some of the following areas: acting in the role of a technical analyst in an intelligence, counterintelligence or law enforcement role; drafting and formatting technical threat intelligence reports and conduct correlating research using multiple formatted and unformatted data sources; performing the security aspects of system and/or network administration in a U.S. government agency or U.S. Defense Contractor environment; developing and implementing information security policies and standard operating procedures.
- Skills: Ideal candidates will have knowledge of some of the following areas: advanced forensic, digital media, or software reverse engineering analysis; advanced network analysis.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.