Database Administrator - MS-SQL Server
- Carlsbad, CA
MaintenanceNet, Inc. is a 2012 Workplace Excellence winner and recognized employer of choice. In addition to employment accolades, the company has won numerous technology awards for automation. We are a fast growing technology company that empowers the world’s leading manufacturers and channel partners to expand the scope and success of their service sales initiatives. The company has delivered millions of dollars in service revenue globally, while also improving overall customer satisfaction and retention for the businesses it serves. The key to MaintenanceNet’s success is its proficiency in turning incomplete or inaccurate customer data into actionable business intelligence. We uncover new service sales and renewal opportunities and automate the delivery of service quotes to the market to drive transaction and increase service revenue. MaintenanceNet’s Service360® cloud-based service contract management platform and AutoQuote™ Solution expedites and automates sales processes, and provides a channel-friendly approach to service quoting, ordering and renewing. At MaintenanceNet, we value our employees and offer comprehensive, competitive compensation and benefit programs in a state-of-the-art, fun, flexible, highly collaborative environment. (www.maintenancenet.com)
As the Principal SQL Server Database Administrator you will work on the Operations team that supports a suite of products and services. The team handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets, and data remediation, to ensure flawless quality delivery of services to MaintenanceNet clients. Additionally, you will support our development team and serve as the database “gate keeper”, ensuring that all SQL code is accurate and optimized.
The Database Administrator is a highly motivated professional, focused on operational efficiency, and disciplined processes that support multiple production, pre-production and development environments. This role requires high involvement in support during major off-hours incidents in a 24/7/365 highly available, on-call environment
This is a high-profile role working in a high-pressure environment and demands a dynamic individual with great communications skills, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on incident and problem management. This critical role requires a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and internal/external stakeholders.
General Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Performing daily maintenance including backing up and optimizing databases
- Automation of MS SQL Server maintenance and alerting
- Monitoring failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs
- Monitoring performance of complex Peer-to-Peer replication topology
- Reviewing code for deployment at a high level to determine risk for production deployment
- Working with the development and QA team to optimize application performance and rollout new software on a regular basis
- Performing ad hoc queries and reporting for decision support teams
- Maintaining database performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database performance/ trends
- Utilizing a problem management tool to track open tickets and follow up to resolution and closure
- Executing special projects or other related duties as required
- Keeping the Manager or Team Lead informed of status and raising issues as appropriate
- Handling complex database administrative features and technical design
- Strong understanding of major components of MS SQL Server architecture
- Strong experience in database Backup, Restore and Recovery procedures
- SQL server performance tuning and query optimization experience
- Strong SQL programming skills including, developing, testing and troubleshooting T-SQL stored procedures, functions &queries
- Database modeling, normalization concepts
- Expertise with configuring, implementing, and supporting high availability strategies with SQL Server systems including MS clustering and replication
- Proven command of monitoring mission critical production DB servers and business processes
- Proven ability to document processes and procedures
- Must have a high attention to detail, strong organizational skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to the team, management and the customers
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience, can run dynamic meetings
- “Can do” attitude, that can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions
- Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others
- Able to learn and master new technology quickly and improve personal performance through continual self-study;
- 5+ years’ experience working as an applications database administrator on MS SQL Server supporting multiple production servers in a fast paced environment (experience in software company a big plus)
- Must have a background in 24/7 production on-call support;
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area of study
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
BECOME PART OF THE TEAM:
- Work for a successful, growing company
- Partner with professionals in a collaborative, casual, fun and high energy environment, known for being one of the best places to work in San Diego..
- Enjoy coming to work in a state-of-the-art environment, attending our lunch & learns, or getting fit with our trainer.
MaintenanceNet, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidate information will be kept confidential.
To Apply, send your resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org