- Cleveland, OH
Majestic Steel USA is a 34-year-young start-up on a mission to put steel back on the map for the next generation of Americans. How? By cultivating a passionate and proactive lifestyle brand built on steel and powered by our ethics, products and people. Soon you’ll be thinking a lot more about steel. And when you think of steel, you’ll think of Majestic.
Still not sold? Northcoast 99 and the Plain Dealer have both named Majestic a top place to work for multiple years running.
Web Developer Applications
If the programming world had a Superman, they may as well call you Clark Kent. You're unstoppable in the face of adversity - like when you hit a challenging line of code or someone tries using Internet Explorer 5. The only difference between you and the Man of Steel? Kryptonite doesn't phase you in the slightest.
You thrive on tight deadlines and get excited - not paralyzed - when we announce another new project. Trust us, there'll be plenty to design, perfect and analyze. To succeed, you'll need to learn fast and implement faster. You should consider catching mistakes before they go live a favorite pastime.
During crunch time, we understand you work best with minimal distractions - maybe just some headphones and a dope beat. In turn, we'll need you to sometimes lend your analytical brain to our innovative think tank.
Here's the nitty gritty of what we need you to do:
- Work with our Brand Development team to to create show-stopping code for all public-facing web applications. You should feel strongly that what you creates meets our high standards and that it works the first time, not the fourth.
- Be able to accurately guesstimate how long it will take you to develop, enhance and correct problems.
- Play nice with our designers to turn out the best interfaces known to man. Seriously.
- Take the lead on creating and executing implementation plans for upgrades and new product launches.
- Regularly check-in and accurately monitor code.
- Hold an innate sense of curiosity about life that feels stifled by corporate culture, cubicles and the concept of "casual Fridays."
- Get excited about challenging a traditional industry with non-traditional ideas and work. We think of this as more than a job and to fit in, you'll need to feel the same.
- Appreciate playing hard and having fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all.
You'll need this under the hood:
- A bachelor's degree in web application development; web design preferred
- A minimum of 5 years developing web apps through full software development cycles
- 2-4 years of development experience using Microsoft Development Technologies
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If you think you have the chops and want to join our Majestic Revolution, send us your resume and any other relevant information for your position. A compelling personal anecdote instead of a boring cover letter wouldn't hurt your chances either.