Junior Interaction Designer
- Chicago, IL
Interaction design is your forte. You have a passion for creating beautiful and compelling user experiences. Your portfolio proves it. You excel in your role as a UX practitioner – what your clients and team say about you speaks to it. At Manifest, Interaction Designers have a strong vision and a passion for creating innovative, award-winning work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with design workshops and decision-making with the creative, content, and technology areas of our team.
- Partner with the client’s internal design team on a regular basis.
- Sketch and prototype to convey interaction and functionality.
- Develop detailed navigation flows, site maps, annotated wireframes and interface design/ functional specifications that capture site processes and all user interaction points within the system.
- Create information hierarchies and site navigation for experiences across browser, mobile/tablet and kiosk.
- Write or contribute to the development of use cases and business process flows.
- Support the team with user research and usability testing.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A FIT
- 2+ years of relevant interaction design experience in an interactive agency or technology – consulting firm.
- You have an opinion and design recommendations for a client – it’s essential that you’re able to articulate them.
- A web and web technologies background is a must.
- Up-to-speed on interaction design trends and patterns.
- Familiarity with prototyping software. We prefer Axure.
- Aggressive development schedules don’t faze you.
- Dabbled in conducting usability sessions, task analysis, heuristic evaluation, rapid prototyping and persona development.
- Ability to travel to client offices.
- Bachelor's degree. We like to see Computer Science, Information Systems or HCI, but don’t be deterred if you have equivalent work experience – or even a different degree.
We expect to see your portfolio, URLs of websites, or samples of UX design- and also how you got there. Samples of work can include wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, interaction design, specs, or anything else that’s relevant.
Want to work with us? Shoot us your resume, and tell us about yourself. We’d love to hear from you!
If you are the chosen one, you will be required to spend time designing a presentation based on a hypothetical client scenario to present to our team.
As the largest independent interactive agency in the Midwest, we do a lot.