- Manitowoc, WI
At Manitowoc Health & Rehabilitation Center, we provide compassionate care that promotes well-being, independence, and dignity in an inviting community that looks like a vintage village and feels like home.
Our 150-bed facility opened in the fall of 2003 and provides a full array of rehabilitative therapies, transitional care, memory care, and long-term care in one location. We offer all private rooms, each with its own private bathroom. We are licensed for Medicare, Medicaid, and Veterans Affairs programs.
Our team has been recognized with a “Best of” award for Short-stay Rehabilitation in 2009, 2010, and 2011. We also received a LTC Link Spirit of Innovation Award for our Partnered Pathways program – an effort with area hospitals to enhance chronic disease management for patients with conditions such as congestive heart failure, COPD, and pneumonia.
1. Assigns and supervises duties to unit staff and monitor staff performance, including the completion of employee performance evaluations.
2. Administer and record medications given during shift of duty as prescribed by the medical staff.
3. Perform comprehensive nursing assessments on all residents and establish a nursing plan of care based on assessment outcomes.
4. Complete required documentation including the minimum data set (MDS), nursing narratives and other documents according to established policies and procedures.
5. Inform respective medical staff of changes in conditions, accurately document and transcribe physician orders and communicate orders to other departments according to established policies and procedures.
6. Replace absent staff as directed.
7. Attend inservice programs and staff meetings to keep current with nursing practice and facility policies.
8. Provide treatments to residents according to the resident plan of care and/or as prescribed by the attending physician.
In addition to the above essential functions, employee(s) must treat residents and staff with dignity and respect and must know Resident's Bill of Rights. Employee(s) must also adhere to good working habits.
Two or more years at a university, community college,college, business school, trade or technical school as well as current licensure in the State of Wisconsin as a registered nurse is required. Basic everyday living skills as well as the ability to understand and follow directions. Also, the ability to read, write, add and subtract is also required.
We currently have the following positions available:
16 hour per pay period Day shift (every other weekend)
64 hour per pay period PM shift
80 hour per pay period PM Shift
16 hour per pay period Night Shift (every other weekend)