Business Planning Analyst
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
The Business System Analyst’s primary scope is to be the key systems liaison to the Business Planning team. They will work with the Business Planning team to design and implement systems that will assist them in their role of supporting sales and developing gross margin decisions.
The systems analyst plays a major role in the evolution of the application: new modules roll out, new needs analysis and processes improvements. They also are the key point of contact for all users and participate to grow power users for each application.
- Work with the key business users to define business requirements and develop and implement a new system.
- Implement planning systems with Business Planning team for item level, assortment planning and financial analysis.
- Participate on projects: software customizations, upgrades, implementation of new modules, process re-engineering, design and development of interfaces.
- Create new processes to aid in the sales analysis.
- Enforce proper testing methodology & develop tests scripts with the power users.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards for the team, including MTD, YTD, like for like analysis (for example).
- Monitor and administer the business planning system, ensuring their efficiency and availability to the business during the business operation hours.
- Address production issues in a timely and efficient manner: perform all necessary investigation and analysis to solve the issues; coordinate with software vendors’ support desks if needed.
- Provide off hour support during peak business activity period and during peak times for the Business Planning team.
- Provide training to new users and training on new features available.
- Create quick cards and end user documentation.
- Assist users in prioritizing new requests.
- Document business requirements for the Business Planning team’s operations processes and for the IT’s team system documentation extensively.
- Maintain the Business Application incidents and change log.
- 3 - 4 years of progressively increasing responsibilities with Business Planning systems (Arthur, SAS, etc)
- Business Planning / Merchandise Planning / Forecasting experience
- Understanding of Business Planning metrics such as OTB, ATS, OTS, etc.
- Bachelor degree with a focus in Business Administration
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good report creation and analysis skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time and assess priorities
- Ability to work with little supervision and report accordingly
- Ability to provide high level service and follow through
- Overall knowledge of the Apparel industry
- Proficiency in all aspects of business analysis: strong analytical skills
- Experience on the business unit side
- Knowledge of ERP and Supply Chain systems
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies
- Good knowledge of report creation (Reporting tools, SQL Query Language)
- Good knowledge of databases operations (MS SQL)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.