Works closely with Design Director and SR. Designer on the design and development process within a given area, consistent with the Marc by Marc Jacobs Brand and sensibility. Responsibilities include sketching, drawing flats on the computer (CAD) research and inspiration, inspiration boards, and knowledge of global market trends, fabrics and techniques.
- Works closely with the design director to manages the design process from concept to production of finished collections.
- Develops innovative designs to elevate the Marc by Marc Jacobs brand.
- Understands the Marc by Marc Jacobs Customer and brand positioning.
- Works cross-functionally and timely with Product Development, Tech Design, and Merchandising and sales to determine style, materials, color and to develop a successful product.
- Supervises direct reports and operates within the given design calendar
- Ability to work closely with other design team members to help design a cohesive collection and runway show.
- Researches and stays on top of current trends & applies trends to product design.
- Researches & sources materials & components, provides Design director with feedback and inspiration.
- Collaborates with Technical Design team on all aspects of fit.
- Oversees artwork and design boards. Ensures that all boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines.
- Creates & delivers product presentations.
- Identifies opportunities and makes suggestions for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion (Design, Merchandising, etc.)
- 5+ years design experience.
- Excellent taste level & brand awareness.
- Strong sense of color, fashion, product & trend.
- Strong knowledge of design & product development process.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills.