Director of Fabric Sourcing & Purchasing
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
Develops and manages material sourcing strategy.
- Research and develop RTW Woven Fabrics
- Maintains material vendor base in alignment with sourcing strategy.
- Manages strategic relationships with key material vendors.
- Reviews & evaluates vendor capabilities.
- Negotiates material prices.
- Communicates standards to material suppliers.
- Evaluates testing & inspection reports to ensure materials meet standards
- Communicates issues with Production and Merchandising
- Troubleshoots material related problems from Development through Production
- Stays abreast of industry trends, market conditions, technological advancements, trade regulations, etc.
- Works closely with Design during concept stages to develop brand appropriate fabric selections consistent with Design’s vision.
- Oversee purchasing, buy schedule creation, testing and bulk cutting approvals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of material sourcing experience
- Understanding of chemistry related to after-treatments
- Ability to effectively negotiate material pricing
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Computer skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.