Director of Global Distribution
- Carteret, NJ
Position is responsible for the global distribution operations for Marc Jacobs supporting all divisions of the company
Manage distribution center facilities that are expected to receive inventory, pick and ship merchandise in a cost-effective manner while ensuring accurate inventory control and tracking. Build and maintain a positive work environment at all levels of the organization. This role also manages the domestic outbound freight relationships for operations. This role is expected to lead projects, and collaborate with cross-functional teams on strategic initiatives related to supply chain execution. This role may encompass management of internally managed facilities and teams as well as contracted third party facilities.
- BA/BS preferred, relevant experience will be considered
- 7 to 10 years’ senior level management experience with a minimum of five years distribution management experience in a similar type operation is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team of managers.
- Knowledge and experience in warehousing and logistics best practices.
- Experience in effectively managing and developing exempt and non-exempt warehouse employees is required.
- Experience and knowledge of third party distribution provider contract and operations management
- Successful candidates will possess proven leadership abilities and can demonstrate the ability to negotiate at all levels.
- Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple priorities as well as possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.