Retail Inventory Planner
- New York, NY
Marc Jacobs International
- Manages store orders from initial allocation through end of life cycle of merchandise, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
- Manages the overall store inventory with direction from retail planning & buying team based on store capacity, seasonality, and selling curves.
- Manages basic stock replenishment on style, color, and size levels.
- Develops reports, excel programming, and analysis templates to support allocation and planning team.
- Recommends changes and/or enhancements to the current procedures and systems for the allocation and replenishment functions.
- Reviews inventory levels and store rankings by division, and develop strategies to optimize inventory with new receipts, transfers, and consolidations.
- Assign weekly shipping for stores by division, open to ship, weeks of supply, selling trends, and seasonal peaks by door.
- Partner with the sales, logistics, and buying teams to assure the proper merchandise assortment for stores with optimal inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, operations, or other related field.
- 2+ year’s experience as an Allocator in an apparel retailer, or store planning analyst role; retail allocation experience is required.
- Strong background in data analysis.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PC proficiency with a strong emphasis in Excel; Access or query database experience is a plus. Ability to create Excel-based reports and templates is required.
- A good attitude and entrepreneur spirit.
Open to current students and recent graduates (within one year).